Saturday, December 7, 2013

Not My Will But Thine Be Done

I keep asking the Lord how He did Gethsemane.  This morning He said it was embracing the daily crucifixion.  We are resistant to this, and run the other way.  He was resistant, but embraced it.   

Giving up our rights to ourselves and to manifesting oneself is essential.  He came to manifest the Father.  We are too anxious to manifest ourselves because  we do not recognize that Him manifesting within is our true purpose and calling.  

I look at the picture of Jesus in the garden.  I wonder about the "not My will but Thine be done" experience of Jesus.  In the picture, it is all clean.  It does not show the blood, sweat, and tears.  It does not show the Savior coming to a place of "you do not take My life, I give it."   

My heart is so touched.  I love my Lord so much for what He chose to do for me...for each of us.  Paul says we are to die daily.  That is the sanctification process.   

I know that it is so easy to dress up our dysfunction, disbelief, and spiritual arrogance.  It will, indeed, take Gethsemane to break it all down to where I can say:  He must increase and I must decrease.   This is not a call to be less than.  It is a call to be like Him.  Open our eyes that we may see, our ears that we may hear, and our hearts that we may know Him. 

Knowing the truth about Jesus, we find the truth about ourselves.  He says that we have the potential to be as He was.  He died to give us the right to have back what  we gave away in the Garden of Eden.   In the Garden of Gethsemane He embraced a path of redemption. 

We see crucifixion as something being taken from us rather than the experience of dropping all that stuff we were not meant to carry.  The Gethsemane of dying daily gets us ready for our own personal Calvary.  This is God’s finest demonstration of Himself in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment