Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holy, Holy, Holy

You know, I have been studying Revelation for a while, and one of the things that fascinates me is Revelation 4:8 which says a heavenly creature in heaven rests not day or night saying Holy, Holy, Holy.  Can you imagine saying that for twenty-four hours around the clock.  It reminded me of Psalms 22:3: But You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.   Our praises create a throne for God!  Isn't that amazing.   

In my chapel time, I decided to experience the word "holy."  My intent was to see how if would feel to be in the energy of that word for a while.  I know that science is saying that our words change our reality.   

I spoke the word "holy" and held it in my heart for a bit.  I took my time before repeating the word, but I kept speaking it.  It was really amazing.  In doing this, I moved from saying the word to experiencing God in that word.  What I mean is that just the word has put me in place to where it was all about God.   

I realized that so often in our worship it is still all about ME.  Each time I said holy...and I allowed some minutes between repeating the word...I got greater clarity about God.  His is holy.  Because we have the fullness of the Godhead in Christ Jesus, we have access to this.  Instead of wanting something from God, I found myself being content wrapped in His holiness...like a hug from Heaven.  Words do not do this justice.   

As for my prayer list, I think maybe this could be a preferred state in which to present those prayers before the throne of grace.   

1 Peter 1:16: "...be ye holy, for I am holy."  How can this experience help me understand and apply this text? 

God said it, and His biddings are His enablings.  We do not need to feel that it is impossible.  And it is an invitation into oneness (John 17).  It is an energetic hug that pulls us into a deeper experience of Him. 

Dr. Masuri Emoto did some experiments on water showing the effects of the written word on water.  Taking water from the same source, he wrote words on paper and taped them to the jars.  Words conveying positive energy (love, peace, joy, God) and words conveying negative energy (fool, hate, Satan).  Then they froze the water.  Later, when they looked at the ice crystals, they discovered the positive words had created beautiful crystals and the negative words had created really distorted crystals.   

If you have not seen his work, go on-line and look up Emoto's messages in water.  The book is also fascinating. 

Why do I bring this up?  Our body is 50% to 80% water.  If I am staying in the presence of God and bringing Him heavenly words, I just bet I am changed at a crystal level.  You know we have crystals in our body, too.  I bet that my DNA is being changed to reflect that word.  I am counting on it!! 

During this time, God gave me some real awareness for heart healing.  He showed me some more of the tendency that I have to be a perfectionist and reminded me, again, that He is there to help me overcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment