Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Wish For all

Christmas Day -- What I want for Christmas is to have anointed eyesight and start today looking for and cultivating Christ within so that next Christmas we will be yet more of a reflection of Him. 

I want to live life deliberately and purposefully.   At the end of each and every day, I want us all to be able to say that we are seeing Christ in all things whether we measure them positive or negative, black or white, full or empty, and so on.  I want us to be open to seeing that even in the hard stuff of life, there is an opportunity to grow and become. 

When I am being a Grinch, I want to stop and ask "Why?"  I want to be open to hearing  about where I need healing and why.  I have seen over and over that what I judge as lacking anything, it is that very thing that I lack.  That is my place that needs healing.

I want us to move from being reactive victims to being proactive thrivers.   This takes a willingness on our part to quit blaming others for things.  When we feel uneasy about a situation, we need to ask why this has pushed so many buttons.  Maybe you deem someone unworthy or not good enough.  Given reflection, you will find that your are the one feeling unworthy or not good enough. 

So often, we are wanting others to validate us.  When we feel let down in this, we need to see that no one has let us down.  We have let ourselves down and are trying to find "salve" for our wound through others. 

Have you ever seen someone hurt or deny themselves the very thing that makes them happy because they "feel" that withholding something good from someone else will teach them something?  I use "feel" because this is not something we do consciously...we do not plan to be self-destructive; it is a program that is running in the background.  Our only indicator of the program may be feeling out of sorts. 

We can even rationalize this tendency by all kinds of psycho-babble and religious reasoning.  My Christmas day wish is for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart of know Him.  God bless each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment