Thursday, October 16, 2014

What Programming Are You Running?

I was listening to a presentation by Dr. Bruce Lipton, renowned cellular biologist, and he said that 75% of our thoughts are negative.  Wow!  He also said that only 5% of our consciousness is running our life; 95% of our programming is from the subconscious.  This is the stuff we were programmed with in childhood and received as programs from our parents.  This is why it can be so hard to overcome things that we have recognized as dysfunctional and harmful…they are actually automatic programs…we can also call them habits.

I had been struggling with something and did not really know what to call it.  The Lord used Dr. Lipton's words to give me greater insight into the situation as well as gave me some vivid pictures of where I picked up this programming.  I prayed about it and claimed God’s promises for release and redemption.  It made a great difference in me within minutes.  I realized that a type of weariness that I have been struggling with was coming from that.  I love it that God can so quickly set us free!

I am grateful, too, that what seemed like a random presentation was actually a divine appointment for freedom.  I had not realized that this thing had become not only a habit but was affecting my thoughts and beliefs.  I did not like this part of me, and I am sure my self-talk was doing me no good.  These self-destructive habits can make you feel physically weary and worthless.  

The Scripture says that a house divided against itself cannot stand.  Negative thoughts and habits very much create a house divided against itself.  We are a temple for the most high God.  Sometimes, He needs to step in and cleanse our temples because dysfunctional programming has created a den of thieves.  It is stealing our happiness.  That happiness glorifies God.  So, it is also stealing from God.

Let me encourage you to review habits, self-talk, behaviors that disappoint you, and any place that you just cannot put your finger on but you know if just does not feel right.  Take it to the Lord and ask Him to show you what is going on.  Listen.  Be ready for some truth encounters.  Be ready to receive freedom.

Rationalizing the places of dysfunctional habits is to live in delusion.  This is not a happy place to live no matter how we have justified it.  It is a place of bondage…a place of being created in the image of man instead of the image of God.  A house divided against itself is not a place of victory.  I am so grateful for God’s intervention in our lives on a daily basis.  This is the dying daily that Paul talks about.  It is all about transformation…being that new creature.  Praise God for that grace that pursues us so that He can complete that which He started in us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment