Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Divine Appointments

Sometimes...a lot lately...I find myself standing amazed at God's love.  From my little chapel where I am quiet and still, I ask for eyes to see Him and ears to hear Him and a heart to know Him.  You see, I am fully persuaded that we do not know the truth about God. 

Do you know that God loves you?  Do you know that you can add nothing to the cross of Christ?  Do you know that all our doing is futile?  We cannot buy what He is trying to freely give us.  When we really believe all the good news about Christ, we cannot help but tell others and that is the work (by our love) that shows we are Christians.

I read something recently that made me happy and reminded me of God's great provision for us.  Basically, it said that all our encounters/appointments are divine arrangements.  I really believe that, and each time someone comes into our sphere of influence we wonder what God has in mind.  It adds something special to the day to realize that "before we call, He has answered."

I was sitting on the couch one morning talking to the Lord.  I had already had a little yogurt for a light breakfast.  God said, "Go to First Watch and have breakfast." I looked around.  I had never been invited to breakfast by God before.  What do you say?  I have eaten already.  No, I don't think so.  I went to First Watch. 

After I was seated, someone I knew came up and said hello.  I asked her to join me.  We had a wonderful time of talking.  The more she talked, the more I realized that she was an answer to one of my prayers for a couple of people, and it was a way that she could also meet a need of her own.  So much good has come from the divinely planned breakfast.  It was the first time she had eaten at First Watch.  The help, healing, and happiness that has come from our effort for all has been wonderful.

It amazes me how much of what we can see was set in motion by that which we cannot see...that which God ordained.  When we get up in the morning, we can know that He has already planned the day.  We do not need to be concerned about it.  Trust Him with everything.  Trust that He will be there giving instructions as needed.  The beautiful thing is that in the planning to meet the needs of others, He can meet my needs, too.  Because He set it in motion, you can continue watching the ripple effect of His plans. 

Praise God!  It adds a whole different dimension to a day when you know that the responsibility for that day is His.  He is God and we are not.  We just need to show up and be present for His grand work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment