Monday, June 30, 2014

Communion With All Things

What if you had nothing to prove...nothing to validate?  What if you had no internal harsh taskmaster saying you should or shouldn't?  What if you started each day from a place of peace within about yourself and peace about everyone else and anything else?  I ask these questions because of an experience I am having.  Recently, in a time of understanding, the Lord cleansed me of that harsh taskmaster.  I've been speaking a  lot lately about the "It is finished" work of Christ.  That is because God is working to bring me up to a place of embracing this on the deeper level.   

The taskmaster...the wicked witch is dead!  But then what happens?

I have been experiencing some really peaceful days.  With no guilt pushing me, no need to prove myself about anything, I sit on the couch and wonder what to do.  I keep listening for that voice that tells me I have not done enough and I should be doing...  I know that sounds completely crazy, but I tell you it is true!   

This morning I told Overton that I wonder if when all the other voices of should and shouldn't are gone and there is nothing to validate, and nothing to be proven, is it possible that what is left is an entering the day in communion with "what is."  Whether it is your flowers, your home, your work, the devotional, people, places or things...is it possible to have the peace of  joyful communion with all things?  I am hoping that it is.  I am wondering if this is some of what Jesus meant when He said, "In this world we will have trouble, but be of good cheer I have overcome the world."  I think that this "be of good cheer" must be the peaceful communion with "what is."  

It has been a bit of a challenge for me in this place of peace.  I see that life's tasks now need the perfect motivator of love rather than guilt, fear, shame.  What does that look like and feel like.  Cannot say because I am just learning.   Have to get back with you on that question.  In the mean time, I am enjoying relaxing.  I am sixty-four, and I think that this experience is a first for me.  I imagine, however, that I will come face to face with something that is a fine art of disciplined activity motivated by love rather than all the dysfunction of the past.  Right now, I am thinking that this peaceful place is a long overdue vacation.  

This morning, I held communion with an orchid which is on the coffee table.  It spoke to me about vulnerability and trust.  Maybe those are two words that also express this place where I am presently.  Its blooms (7) are such a lovely deep purple.  I took the plant to the sink to give it some water and gently spray its elegant leaves.  I recognized the vulnerability of its situation...dependant upon me for its needs being met.  Is that the same place that we come to when we are no longer dependent on our needs being met through our dysfunctions?  The Heavenly Father gives us what we need...faithfully.  We have a new lens that allows us to see this truth.  When we are delivered of all self-righteousness, we are open to this vulnerability.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment